Not all gay men are artistic.
My 2009 birthday cake: handmade and decorated by Travis.
(Happy Birthday Cami Applequist was too many letters.)
Jeff is having a birthday tomorrow. Although I love him dearly, I usually don't get him a gift for his birthday. Nor do I for Travis since they both tend to like things out way of my price range. They drive a BMW, own tuxedos tailored and delivered by a man named Antoine** and wear Prada flip flops. (Even though I saw these in real life and have photographic proof, I still didn't believe it so that's a link to Saks with cyber proof.) I simply never know what to get them that would be within my budget of $25 so I just give them hugs.
This year, facebook and their affiliates tried to change that. I received several suggestions of what Jeff might like. Here are a couple of screenshots:
Shoelaces for Trendsetters and Beermo!
"Let Jeff Choose a Color"
Jeff is definitely sort of a trendsetter, he loves to choose colors and he may want to never tie his shoes again but I still don't think the laces are for him. (unless they come in Prada, in which case I probably can't afford them anyway, so never mind.) He also may want to put down his mimosa and have a good ol' bottle of Bud Light sporting a mustache now and again but twelve dollars for something I can make for fifteen cents seems unreasonable. So, sorry facebook. Your advertising efforts failed with me, but thanks for the blog material.
I did almost buy something for him today though. I saw this from about 10 feet away and thought, 'Now there's a game Jeff and Travis might like to play: Butt Checkers!'
Then an instant later I realized that it says Button Checkers. Totally not as fun. So Jeff gets a hug again.
*Travis and Jeff don't really have pompoms. None that I have seen anyway.
** That had to be in italics. I just learned this morning at breakfast that that their tuxedo tailor's name is Antoine when Travis said "We have to get home soon - Antoine is delivering my tuxedo today." I repeated it several times in an italicized voice. "...because Antoine is delivering my tuxedo today." You can't just say Antoine. You have to say Antoine.


No comments:
Post a Comment