Welcome!

1/29/13

Welcoming myself back!

Welcome back to "I like chickens...", Cami!
Two years ago I apparently decided to stop blogging here at my “I like chickens…” art blog. I am guessing that the reason for that is the sudden envy I was feeling toward my friends who are musicians. While watching my dear musical and poetic friend, Liz Rognes, perform a show I felt a pang of sadness because I would never get to put lyrics out with my art – being that my art was visual and not musical. Two seconds later it occurred to me that I could, in fact, write without music. I had been filing ideas and notes for essays and stories away for years but had never taken any of them seriously. I decided it was time to put my words out into the world like I had my photographs and paintings and dove right into classes and started finishing things I had started, putting my visual art to aside for the time being. Now two years later it is occurring to me that I can write on this blog too. (I am actually not as stupid as I may sound – just a little slow maybe.) So I am off on this writing adventure with a new version of the “I like chickens…” blog, now featuring random things I find important or interesting or funny or annoying or utterly boring. It will totally depend on the day. I realize that my sister may  be the only person who ever reads it and that is just fine, someone needs to entertain my sister. It might as well be me.
 

No comments: